Friday, February 29, 2008

Karly Time



Well I was coming up stairs to blog at 11:00pm and looked in Karly's room to find her wide eyed watching Disney. So I went in and tucked her in and we had the sweetest talk, which was way better then blogging.
She is an amazing little girl! She is so determined to due what she gets her mind set on. As a toddler I wanted to beat that strong will out of her but now I see how being strong willed has it's advantages. (I never thought I would say that.) For instance last week she decided to learn how to do a one handed cart wheel, well guess what she does a great one handed cart wheel this week.
So if your reading this and you have a stubborn little one let me give you a little hope. One day that child will have great grades, learn to ride a bike in a week, work to be the best in her class (always) behaviorally and educationally. She will be passionate for what she believes in: God, do not liter, be kind to animals, help the special kids, be clean and organize, color doesn't matter, exercise, do not eat a lot of junk (this does not include pizza or mac and cheese). Politically she thinks change allowing a man of color or a women be president would be the American thing to do. I like her heart behind this but it will not change my vote come November and I am glad she is unable to vote this year. (Not that there is anyone to really vote for this year.)
Ok well Ashley, I will complete the tag questions tomorrow.
Goodnight Gracee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruth,
this is just what I needed to read today...my Elizabeth is almost 2 and strong willed is a nice way to describe her these days.

thanks for the info for nursery...I emailed it to Jared so he could print it off at church!!
Stacey

Gwen Oatsvall said...

I am going to hold you to that ... i have two extremely strong willed children in the house and I need some hope ... ha ha ha ... I think she is gem also ... also glad she can't vote ... ha ha ha