Tuesday, February 26, 2008

C3 Conference in Texas




Last week I had the opportunity to go to Fellowship Church in Grapevine Tx. A mega church!! They make FBC look small. We had a great time and learned so much from their team. I left with a great appreciation for their staff. I can't imagine working on doing a great conference for others and plus keeping up with what is on their plates during a normal week. It was extremely giving on their part. I am posting some pictures of my ministry assistant and I that we took while we were at the conference. Kari has been on our team for about 9 months. She is doing an amazing job. She is crazy so she fits right in around here. God has always blessed me with great assistants who not only work for me but become dear friends (Brenda and Charity).

Contentment:

The Children's pastor preached this amazing message on Friday. He preached on Being Content. His definition for contentment was "having peace where ever I find myself so that I can give my undivided attention to the task God has given me". WOW! I am so the type to always be wondering what is next, or I wish we had or I wish we could.... His scripture reference was Philippians 4 and Ps 139:13-16. He reminded us that Paul and Joseph spent time in prison for God but remained faithful and focus on the task he had for them.

So for me that told me to relax the future is in his hands maybe I will go get my masters, maybe we will adopt, maybe we will be called to the mission field, maybe we will sell our house, maybe we will .....Maybe God wants me to be at FBC for the rest of my life, live in the same house, focus on the two kids he has given me, be a missionary to my community. Who knows I am just going to try to focus on the here and now because the here and now is pretty great, so I will relax and enjoy it.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ruth,
Okay I needed that last little bit about contentment! Thanks!

Jana