Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snowy day

Today the girls did not have to go to school due to the snow that we got last night. It looked so pretty this morning as the most amazing artist displayed a new look on our canvas.
Karl is at home with them and I am at work. I just looked outside and it is coming down again. I called the house to ask if they were seeing what I was seeing. No they were inside watching tv and eating.
I do not think my girls are cold weather girls. We had one good snow two weeks ago and they played and played but today they are so not interested. Madie went out for like 10 minutes after getting all bundled up, which took her like 45 minutes. Only to come in and tell me she was done and was Martha on-that would be The Martha Stewart show. When I told her no she asked if "Rachel Ray was on?"
This totally cracked me up but also got me to thinking maybe Madie is going to be a chef or maybe just a great mom who can actually cook. Karly always wants to watch makeover shows and has said since she was about three that she wanted to be a "hair doer". When asked in kindergarten what she wanted to be she said a "hair doer, Why? so I can make people feel pretty".
We will see! The one thing I know is He has a plan for them and I can't wait to see it unfold.
After today I think it will be in a warm climate for those two but who knows.

2 comments:

lauraknight said...

Our girls love the food network!! Emily wants to be a chef when she grows up. In fact, we were talking about that during our snow day yesterday while we made cookies together. Aren't we blessed to be mamas to our girls?

Rebecca said...

I have a feeling that if I have a girl she will be very strong willed also. That is when I will call you and do the exact opposite of everything you say!! Hey- you were the one who always told me payback is coming since your girls love me so much and I always get them in trouble!! :)