Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cutting the cord

Hannah Montana:
Ok, I still can't really believe I did this but I did. My girls wanted to go see the Hannah Montana concert of course this weekend. They both had saved up their own money to pay for the $15.00 tickets. Which I thought the price was rediculous but better then the concert price tickets. So anyways, I did not want to see it nor did their father, SO this is were the cut the cord move happened. I bought myself a ticket to go see '27 dresses' while they went in the theater by themselves and saw Miley. I was so nervous. I gave them a cell phone and I had a cell phone to check on them. I would not let them have anything to drink because I did not want them to leave to go to the bathroom, no popcorn because you know they could choke on it. I called twice and texted about half a dozen. Of course they did great and they felt so grown up. Not sure it was worth the pit in my stomach but I know that we will be making more and more little cuts in the cord each year.

Funny things the girls said last week about marriage;
Madie "I am just looking for the right guy"
Karly " Yeah, I wonder about him all the time, I wonder where he is, I know he is out there, I wonder if I know him already".

Superbowl
Just wanted to say thanks to my parents for watching the girls for us Sunday night. We have not stayed at a Superbowl party in years due to girls need to get in bed. But my folks were passing through town from a meeting and stayed with us. They told us to go watch the game with some friends (Tony and Mel) and they would spend time with the girls. We had a great time and so did they. So thanks Mom and Dad!!!

2 comments:

lauraknight said...

Wow! About the movie...you are much braver than I am. I'm sure the girls loved Hannah Montana. Glad you had fun at your Super Bowl party.

Rebecca said...

I am glad your parents made it to town to see you guys. i know the girls loved it! i can't believe that they sat through the whole movie without coming to get you for some reason! that is cool. i am still coming home to spy on them when they start dating!