Wednesday, June 18, 2008

VBS 2008

Karly's Crew






Madie's Crew
VBS is going great!!! Our theme this year is Power Lab.
The kids are learning where true power comes from-God. It has been so much fun.
Today we learned that God gives us the power to be brave just like Peter was when he stepped out of the boat to walk on water. I love that story. Can you imagine how scary that one step was? We learned that somethings either sink or float and Peter floated on the water as long as he kept his eyes on Jesus his power source. I know VBS is for the kids but man I love the basic messages of the Bible that continue to speak to me, no matter how many times I hear them.

The coolest thing today was I did this science experiment in second worship testing things that would sink or float. So in case you were wondering, a lemon will float but a lime will sink.
A peeled orange will sink but an unpeeled orange will float. The one that I just don't get was a regular coke will sink but a diet coke will float. So we decided to see if Pepsi was different but nope, regular Pepsi floated and diet sunk. I don't get it!!

Tomorrow is our salvation message. So please pray for our kids that they will listen with their ears but more importantly with their hearts.






No comments: