Friday, June 20, 2008

Goodbye Brett and Susie



.










Today was the last day of VBS and Ms. Susie's last day at the office. Brett and Susie Cox are some of the dearest people. They have an amazing way of making everyone feel loved and special, especially children. My girls adore them both. They love to come to the office with me so they could go see Ms. Susie. They loved to have sleep overs at their house, of course they would have ice cream and candy for breakfast. But that was ok because it was Susie. I love to give Susie a hard time about Madie's bad teeth and all the candy she has given her over the last four years but really I never minded. Because along with the candy was lots of love. When you don't have family around it is so nice to have people like Brett and Susie who will come to plays or dance or cheer leading. Thanks for always coming to their events.


Susie asked me the other day why does God allow you to make such special relationships with so many people and then he takes them away from you. Mrs. Susie I have thought about that a lot and this is what I have come up with. You and Brett have touch so many lives at FBC. So many families love you and all those families will be praying for you. I know my girls will remind me every night "pray for Brett and Susie". Also the kids in Brazil are going to be so blessed to have you in their lives. Every hug, every smile, every time you show them love you are showing them God. Don't get me wrong, I so wish we could keep you but I know God has an amazing plan for you. Don't forget to start a blog so we can check in with you. We love you both dearly!

1 comment:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

amen, Susie and Bret are amazing ... we met them when they first came and they were in our Sunday school class their love, their kindness, and their encouragement was so amazing and special to us ...