Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Shack by William Young

I started reading "The Shack" yesterday. I know you say "how do you have time to read". I have to read, I must read it is my escape. I take whatever I am reading every where I go so that when I am waiting for dance to be over, I read. When I am waiting for the dentist to stop filing Madie's teeth I read, when Karl is driving I read to avoid being scared. I love to read.

The Shack is a Christian fiction that is much like "Pilgrim's Progress" that I read as a teen and loved. Like it in the since that he uses a story to teach you more about God. This story is based on a man going through a trial (rain) like James 1:2 reminds us we will face and how the three parts of God helped him and their different roles. It is very interesting and deep. (I would rather be reading right now actually.)

It is a thinker. I know I am going to have to read it twice to really get it. Anywho! I thought I would blog it in case you too love to read. This book is great because it is an interesting story and I know in the end I am going to draw closer to my "Father, Papa, Daddy" (You will understand that after you read the book.

RAIN
Someone once told me when the rain comes just cling to the father and know that he loves you. Little did he know what turn our lives would take two weeks later and I can honestly say I had to constantly remind myself "He loves me" and he loved me through it. Thank you father!

4 comments:

janagibson said...

I am going to have to pick this book up! My mom, who never reads, was readig The Shack this weekend on our trip to IL. Thanks for the suggestion! I have already read 2 books this summer and am about to finish my 3rd! This one will have to be next

lauraknight said...

Ruth,
Oh how I love to read! I too always have a book with me, and when I happen to forget my current read and find myself with time to kill I am always so frustrated.

The Shack is on my "to-read" list. Let me recommend one to you that I am reading now and it is phenomenal. The title is Same Kind of Different as Me. I highly recommend it! If you decide to read it let me know what you think.

Dawn said...

I started it several months ago after my mother-in-law sent it to me. I stopped when it was getting to the "sad" part. I need to pick it back up again! I hear it's awesome.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

crazy .. i am reading the same book ... i am apparently at the magical page 80, but i have stopped .. not sure why ... just not ready to read on yet ... i think i am having way to many emotions these days ... so much to process w/ the Father ... i love ya girl and can't wait to see ya Saturday ...