Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Another one bites the dust


Today we lost another hamster. This one was a girl named Teddy. We only had her for about two months, Smore we had for 4 years who passed about two months ago.



We are getting ready for VBS this morning and I hear Karly "mom come here", I am of course in a hurry and say "why". Karly replies "I think Teddy is dead". Of course I am like in my head I don't have time for this but I go up and he is laying on his back with his arms in the air. Oh yeah not good. So I am like "oh I am sorry girls... Ok well we have got to go". Well then Madie runs upstairs to get something and yells "Teddy just moved". So Karly and I run up and yep he is still alive but barely. So I put the water up to her lips and she kind of drinks a little. The girls ask me to pray for her so I do.
So after VBS the girls (Karly, Madie and Izzy) run upstairs to see if she is ok but no she is gone. So they dug a hole in the back yard and covered it with some rocks. Karly wrote "R.I.P Teddy June 17th".
No more hamsters!!!!!!











2 comments:

The Zehrs said...

Kittens make great pets! Ours come with a guarantee! If one dies I guarantee that we'll have one toreploace it before long!

Rebecca said...

Hey- Ashley has a good offer for you!! And it comes with a guarantee!! that is awesome. I wonder if the pet store would have replaced Teddy? Are you getting another one? You know you secretly love those little hamsters. Tell the girls I am sorry to hear the sad news. I can't help but laugh when i read your blog though.