Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chapel Time

I think it is so amazing how God use his word to speak to us. Once a month I speak at chapel for our preschool on Wed and Thursday mornings. Well this morning our bible verse was
"The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. Hebrews 13:6.
So I am asking them "how can God be your helper? What are you afraid of? What should we do when we are afraid?" The correct answer, (not the answer I got) was that we should pray to God and he will help us or send someone to help us like our parents, teachers or friends. We talked about being afraid of the dark, dogs, sleeping alone....
Well as I am standing up there talking let me tell you what was going through my mind. Ok Nov and Dec volunteers disappear, literally disappear which causes me much stress. So it is January which is the month everyone decided to come back to church so I need lots of volunteers to serve our preschoolers. Plus part of my job is to provided childcare for other events after service and during the week. Well I needed to hire several women and a few teenagers to do this. Needless to say I was stressed and honestly afraid that I was not going to be able to get volunteers or babysitters. So I prayed and prayed and then I called on my friends (staff) to send out an email to all of their folks to see if anyone need to make a little extra cash.
Well just like the verse says "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid (i was but in spite of me). He fixed it of course. All that worrying for nothing. I finally got on my hands and knees and cried out to him for help and he directed me to sent the email which fixed my problem in two days (my childcare problem). Oh and as far as volunteers, I always need more but Sunday I had 5 new folks come up and are willing to start serving.
God is so good. Someday soon I will learn to stop worrying and remember who is in control of all things. So this is just a shout of praise to the Lord for being my helper.

1 comment:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

you are amazing ... wouldn't want your job ... you do it with grace and humor ... you are one of a kind and FBC is blessed to have you ...