Friday, September 7, 2007

Week 1 with Daniel

No Daniel is not the new love of my life, Karl is still that but I am going to be getting real intimate with him over the next 11 weeks.
I have joined a Daniel Bible study with some church friends. The study is of course by Beth Moore, so it will be incredible! Today was our first look at Daniel and I can't wait to see how God speaks to me through the life of Daniel.

This week I have on my own been doing some reading about the book and character to just be prepared. I have to be honest the only thing that came to mind about Daniel was "Daniel in the Lion's Den". Today as Beth can do so well she opened our eyes to see so much more. We stayed on chapter one and picked it apart. I had read chapter one twice on my own this week but reading it today with the history and insight was like reading it for the first time.

So as the next eleven weeks of this study goes I am going to blog about what God says to me, and how the life of Daniel from 605 BC is still relevant. God is amazing, his word is amazing, timeless and alive.

Today we were challenged to look at our lives and see if:
Question:
Are we being influenced by our Babylon (culture/community)?
Are we influencing our community? Our culture is telling us that it is all about me, "have I found myself", how is that going to help me, satisfy me, fulfill me, how do I look, ME Me me!!!!
Is our focus on the world we have been sent to or is our focus on the royal family we are?
Reminder:
We are just visiting we our not home!

WOW! week one and He has already spoken volumes to me, I can't wait to see what He will say in the next 10 weeks.

3 comments:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

I will just tell you that this study will challenge you, change you, and expand your knowledge of the bible. just finished it in May and couldn't stop thinking about all i learned ... i still look at my life weekly and ask how i am doing in regards to living in Babylon.

Andie said...

I'm excited to go through this study with you! I agree, week 1, and already learned so much!

See you Friday.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

it is me again ... just wanted to say that i loved running into you at FBC on Wednesday and am feeling that we need to have lunch ... call me !!