Thursday, August 23, 2007

Blogging + or -

Blogging - well I thought blogging would just be fun, you know a great way to read what is going on in friends lives, see pictures of their kids, you know fun. That would be all the positive stuff. But twice now I have read blogs and WOW sometimes things people post just hurts. That would be all the negative stuff. I refuse to comment on them because my mommy taught me "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all". So I won't but as a mom I am going to teach my girls "if you don't have anything nice to say or write don't say or write anything". You know that whole do unto others thing. Just my opinion!

P.S. Please don't ask me what blogs I got my feelings hurt by and no they were not even directly about me but about places or people I love and respect.

3 comments:

Beckyb said...

How frustrating is that!!! I just enjoy it for the fun of it - I hate all that meanness!! Not sure I'd visit those!

Brenda said...

Hey Ruthie,
Not sure which blogs you are talking about and I won't ask, but it IS a shame that blogging can be used as a "tool to take a stab" at someone or something. We have more than enough of that in our world and are bombarded with it every time we turn on the news whether it be local or world wide. Love you friend.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i love visiting your super cute blog about your super cute family and hot husband ... it is hard to read things people write when they aren't thinking about how others will feel, but i just say that is their loss because you won't be visiting them anymore and saying sweet encouraging things like you do on mine ..love ya!