Saturday, August 4, 2007

Summer is over

I really cannot believe how fast this summer went. I didn't get enough time with the girls or in the sun or to relax or to read or anything. It just flew by.
We do have some tricks up our sleeves for the last week of summer. I'll post all about that next week when I can add some pictures.
I think all in all the girls had a great summer. They loved coming to the church with me everyday and spending time with Addie. They have totally fallen in love with her and she with them. She is pretty easy to love. They have taught her lots of new tricks. She is so smart!
It was nice having them there and getting to just walk down the hall if I needed a hug or if I was wondering how they were or if it was storming in would run Madie who hates storms.
Summer is normally very hard on me because it reminds me that I am a working mom but this summer it was so nice to have them with me.
So all in all I to had a great summer.

1 comment:

lauraknight said...

Ruthie,
After reading this post I just had to comment. I've started serving as a children's small group leader and Madie was in my group yesterday. Before we got into the lesson, I asked everyone to introduce themselves and tell me what their most favorite thing of the summer was...Madie said her favorite was coming to the church!! I knew she had been coming with you to work, and I thought it was so precious that it was her favorite memory.

You are doing a fabulous job as a working mom and your girls are definite proof of that. Keep up the good work!!