Saturday, July 28, 2007

Evaluation Time

Evaluation - The process of pointing out the positive and negative of something or someone.

This week I had my three year evaluation with my boss and pastor, Kyle. Having an evaluation is never a comfortable thing and always makes me nervous. But this year was different and I am not really sure why. Maybe because I am more comfortable with my boss, maybe because I have done it several times already, maybe I am feeling more confident (no, not that). When I came home that night I told Karl word for word of how things went during the evaluation. He was shocked at everything I shared with Kyle; the good, the bad and the ugly.

All week I have thought about it and thought how well everything went. This morning it hit me why things went so well because after three years God has taught me that the preschool ministry is not mine but His. He wants it to succeed, He has a plan for it, He calls the people to serve, He gives me the ideas, He gives me the wisdom to run it. HE not Me! As long as I am seeking him he will guide me.

I love to think about how Joshua must have felt when he had to take Moses place. Can you imagine the pressure. Here is the guy who freed the Egyptians, Crossed the Red Sea, Ten Commandment,... Studing the first book of Joshua and seeing how he was nervous but the Lord told him to be strong and courages, to seek him and he would be with him, has been a huge encouragement for me in everything I have been called to do.

One thing I told Kyle was a struggle of mine is to constantly wondering "what am I going to do next, where is God going to lead me or use me". This is so wrong! (and Kyle and my husband told me so). God wants me to wake up everyday seek him, serve him (and others) and when this chapter in my life is over HE will let me know.

By the way, Kyle had positives things to say and things I need to improve on. A year or two ago any negative thing from a parent or co worker would have sent me into depression but now I try to find a positive in the negative and make it work to improve myself or the ministry.

I can't really believe I have been on staff for three years. I am so honored and blessed to be able to serve my God at FBC www.fbcsmyrna.org and in my community.

4 comments:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

you are one super chick .... you are exactly where God wants you and when it is time to move He will let you know ... You hear Him because you seek Him ... I am proud to call you friend ...

Kyle Goen said...

Good job. You have grown so much in the last 3 years. Thanks for your leadership and service.

Anonymous said...

We love you! Christy

lauraknight said...

Ruthie,
3 years!! I can't believe it. Thank you for all you do. I am honored and blessed to have you as a friend.