Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Kids Camp 08

Camp is going great!!!
We are having a blast.
We are very thankful for how awesome our God is and so grateful for his hand of protection. Monday's events have not ruined our camper experience. The kids are having so much fun that they have not mentioned it since we got here (unless they talk to their parents).
We had one salvation last night (Brett Derr). It was precious and awesome to see such an emotional time for him as he knew he needed to be saved. He was nervous but really wanted to do it. Others have told us that they want to go home and get baptised. It is just neat to watch them as they are growing and learning about their God. We are all growing even us old folks.
Our verse this week is Jer 29:11, what an amazing verse for us to focus on this week after the bus wreck on Monday, that He has a plan for our live, not disaster but a hope and a future.
Well I must go, I am the photographer for our campers. I have taken almost 300 pictures and I am going to make disk for the parents. I am loving getting to walk around and see all of them doing their different tracks. I know parents have been worried but I hope after seeing the pictures they will see how much fun the kids had and how they did not let the wreck ruin a great week.
Keep us in your prayers, that God will continue to move in our kids and the other campers.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Ruth,
I got your message via Andie. I don't know what you mean about leaving a comment. Try using the anonymous identity.

We have been praying for you guys this week, espcially after hearing about the wreck. Let's do lunch soon!! Oh, Jonah keeps talking about Roof and Karly--he loves you and misses you!

lauraknight said...

Ruthie,
Thanks for the update from camp. I have thought about you several times, and I am so thankful that God is revealing Himself to our FBC kids this week. Thank you for letting Him use you in their lives. I am thankful for you and your sweet family.

Kyle Goen said...

Ruth,
Why are all of your post center-justified?

Anonymous said...

Ruth,
Thank you so much for your
e-mail and your blog message. I am still so emotionally happy/proud of Brett. I look at him and see a different child since camp this year. I feel that he has grown 2-3yrs older since his commitment to God. We have started the "I'm a Christian Now!" book and I am going through it with him. He is a gift sent from God to me (us). You guys handled everything during Centri-Kid week perfect and I thank all of you!!