Saturday, July 7, 2007

"The Original Meyer Manor"





We visited "The Original Meyer Manor" my in-laws place for a little R-n-R. We had a great time. We got to see all the niece's and nephews including our newest one, Ms. Sadie. She is a doll like all the Meyer kids. We swam, we tubed, we rode the jet ski and of course ran from the water balloons.


One of the best things was getting back with our kids. My folks took them to Hot Springs after VBS, so we were kid less for about a week. Which was nice for about two days but then boy was I ready to see them. It was way to quiet without them. We did enjoy going out to eat without the extra noise and watching a movie without being interrupted but we were both very ready to have them back. They had a great time in HS with all the cousins, aunts and uncles and grandparents.

We were planning on maybe doing Disney again this year but when asked what they wanted to do it always comes back to going to Ar to see family. We know someday they may not feel this way so while this last we will just save the money and go back to Ar.

We celebrated our 15th Wedding Anniversary on the 4th of July. I can't believe how fast time has gone by but then on the other hand I can't remember not being married to Karl. He surprised me by taking me to Union Station for the night, Maggion's for dinner, Melanie S. had the girls. We went to the Pancake Pantry for breakfast and then went shopping in the Village and down town Franklin. It was perfect!! Oh I also received an amethyst ring and surprised him with a new wedding band.

A few thank you's:

To Mom and Dad for taking the girls, thank you Mr. and Mrs. Meyer for showing us a great time at the lake, thanks Melanie for watching the girls for our anniversary.

Also
To mom and dad thanks for all the years that you prayed that God would give me a wonderful husband, he did.

To Mr. and Mrs. Meyer thanks for raising up such a great man to be my husband and the father of my girls. I know that without your example and up bringing in a Christian home, he would not be the husband and father he is today.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

SO THAT'S THE PLACE I'VE HEARD YOU TALK ABOUT SO MANY TIMES! It's nice that now I have a picture in my mind each time I hear about. So glad you and the family had a nice little vacation. Congratulations on the anniversary too, what a precious couple/family the Meyer's are! I am blessed to know you and I love you guys dearly.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

sounds like some super sweet time ... i love to hear how you love that hubby of yours ... Happy Annv.

GOOD NEWS HERE ... We have a daughter ...got the call today that we were matched with a COP list little girl!!!