Saturday, August 18, 2007

Magic Springs Trip



One more fun summer trip before another school year begins! Magic Springs is an amusement park in Hot Springs Ar. Where my parents live. I grew up going to it each summer. They have added a water park to the amusement park. It is small like Dollywood but was perfect for our girls. They got to ride on everything they wanted several times. I was amazed at how brave they both have become. They went on things that I won't go on and of course made fun of me for being a chicken. The water park was our favorite due to the heat. We all loved the slides. Of course there were several that non of us girls were brave enough to go down. My Dad went down several water slides with the kids and ended up at the Chiropractors office the next day and on pain medicine. Sorry Dad but thanks for the great memories you made that day with the grand kids. They think your the best. Mom went down them in spite of the fact that she broke her back two years ago. What great grandparents!
This was my personal favorite thing to do, float down the lazy river. The water was freezing which was perfect because it was in the 100's.
We had so much fun at the park with our nieces and nephews. They are all such great kids. Very well behaved, which made it easy to enjoy having 5 extra kids each day. So much fun!! These memories are priceless.
They were all tuckered out from the heat and the amusement park rides. "Can we go back to the water rides" Madie and everyone requested.
Uncle Karl and his nephews, he had so much fun with the boys. I know they are getting older and hanging out with your uncle and aunt won't happen much in the future, so we treasured that they wanted to be with us this year. Karl spent the night with the boys and you should hear all the pranks they pulled on him and he on them. Oh my! Let me put it this way one of the pranks involved the police calling the house. Boys!!! That was actually one that Karl pulled.
Boys will be boys (even when they are 42).


Well goodbye summer now back to having a schedule, home work, bed time and early mornings. YUK to all of the above. Honestly, I love being back on a routine. You just get so much more accomplished in your day. So here we go.....back to school.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How we loved our week with all the grandkids! It was so much fun! Going to Magic Springs was the best . . . especially the water park. I have to admit, I had second thoughts about the slides, but am so very glad that I went down them. I have always loved the water. My Dad said that when I was just two years old, I jumped in the deep end of a friends pool. He had to jump in and save me. He said that I didn't even cry.
Your Dad and I were talking again about how very blessed we are with four of the finest children a Dad and Mom could ever have and then the icing on the cake to have ten awesome grandkids . . . each one very special, very loving, and oh, so wonderful!! We are looking forward to spending many more fun times with the grandkids!
Love you all very much, Dad and Mom

lauraknight said...

Ruthie,
So glad you had a good time!! It sounds as if it was a great end of the summer trip.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

sweet friend ... thank you so much for your sweet comment about maggie ... you are a good friend and i thank you for your prayers ...

love the pictures ... it sounds like a great summer ...