Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Madie did it!!!!

Monday night Madie was in her room doing her quiet time. I came in and said "what's your quiet time about?" she gave me the "Jesus" answer and it really was about Jesus. She looked up at me and said "Mom, I want to ask Jesus in my heart". This was the moment we had been waiting for. She has taken a class at church on becoming a Christian, we have been talking about it for months and we knew she had the head knowledge but she had never asked what she needed to do to become a Christian. I ran to get her dad and Karly turned to Madie and said "ok Madie lets go over the ABC to becoming a Christian". Karl and I just set there as Karly made sure Madie knew what sin was and that she needed a savior. You talk about emotional. It was emotional enough that Madie was about to make this desicion but then to have Karly lead her was WOW a very proud moment. I wish I had record Madie's prayer. She was so emotional as she cried out to God and asked him to be her savior. There is nothing more amazing to know that we will all be together forever. Man, it is one thing that he died for me but that he did that for my children, something I could not do is the most amazing thing that I am so thankful for - Thank you Lord Jesus!

12 comments:

Andie said...

Wow - that gave me chills just reading it. That is so fantastic that Madie accepted Christ and very special that her sister helped her. WOW.

Alison B. said...

ditto. chills for me too.
and a few tears. how sweet. what a legacy.

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah! Reading about Madie's decision brought tears to my eyes. What a blessing to know your whole family is a part of the Kingdom of God. What a special day!! Carson accepted Christ awhile back and will be baptized in a couple of weeks. God has answered our prayers for our children! Remember all those talks in the dorm and praying for a godly husband and children? How the Lord has blessed us!

Love you! Ashley Reed

Megan said...

That is awesome! I know you are so proud.

The Johnson Family said...

I love this post!! and just ears what an awesome moment in her life, you have two beautiful Godly girls!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

praise Jesus ... I have a new sister in Christ ... it is amazing to watch our children come to a saving knowledge and place their faith Christ ...

lauraknight said...

Ruthie,
Wow! Thanks for sharing this. I am so excited for Madie. What a precious time for you and Karl as you got to witness Karly helping Madie come to know Jesus. We love you and your sweet family.

Michelle said...

Hallelujah!!!!! Ruth, I got goose bumps just reading this and to add that Karly was leading her - how awesome! God used your whole family to get to Madie and now you get your reward. Love, Michelle

Jeanne said...

Oh, Ruth! How amazing is that????? Tell Madie that Mrs. Jeanne is SO VERY proud of her!

Kelly said...

That is so wonderful. Thank you for sharing such a sweet moment. I can't wait for the day I get to share how my kids have taken that all important step.

Rebecca said...

I am so excited that I was here to be a part of this in Madie's life. I love you and I will miss you and your family so much!

Rodney Wilson said...

Yep. The baptism video and your blog about Madie receiving Christ teared me up for sure. Thanks for sharing that personal moment with us.

You are right, Ruth. There is nothing quite like knowing that all of your family knows the Lord.
You are praising the right One. He is Life.

And we are happy for all of you guys,

Rodney Wilson