Thursday, April 24, 2008

Psalm 23

The other night the girls were asking me what book of the Bible was the largest and just different questions like that so anyways we got on the subject of the book of Psalms. I said you all want to hear my favorite Psalms. So I had them close their eyes and in a slow and soft voice read Psalms 23 pausing to add some visuals. When I finished Karly said "mom I could totally see that can I draw it?". She drew a sweet picture of Psalms 23. It was precious how she used her art ability to express what she was hearing from the word of God.

My sweet girls, I pray often for you - Ps. 42:1 "As the deer pants for streams of water, that your souls will pant for God". I have learned so much about God because of you. My prayer life has increased because of you, that is for sure. Thank you girls for making me want to grow closer to him so that I can be a better mom to you. I love you both more then words. I know you will not read this until you are much older and I have it made into a book for you.
None of us know what tomorrow may hold so I want to tell you and tell you how much I love you.
Ok now I am going to go give them both some lov'n. Goodnight!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

How sweet that blog was. I pray that I will be as good as a mother as you are to Karly and Madie. They are wonderful girls and you are so lucky to have such sweet girls and they are just as lucky to have you as a mom. Maybe my dream of being a good mom will come true sooner than later! :) love you lots!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

love it ... your girl's hearts are so blessed to be filled w/knowledge and scripture ... still thinking Carly and Jeremiah would make a great pair one day ...