Friday, August 8, 2008

Wise and Foolish Builders

Remember the fun song:
"The wise man build his house upon a rock,
the wise man build his house upon a rock,
the wise man build his house upon the rock
the rains came down and the floods came up
But the house on the rock stood firm".
The foolish man build his house upon the sand
the rains came down and the floods came up
and the house on the sand went splat!!!!

I loved that song when I was in children's church and I still will sing it in preschool worship.
My quiet time this morning was from Matthew 7:24-25 which is Jesus speaking about the wise and foolish builders.

I have heard this all my life and I knew what it meant but last night I watched Larry King and saw it, the Chapman's are living it. They have build a firm foundation and the rains and the floods have come and will continue to come but they are who Jesus was speaking of "the wise who build on the rock".

Don't you love God's word, it is so amazing!

2 comments:

Tina said...

YES! It is SOOOO amazing!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

amen sister ... i wanted to sock him in the mouth for messing up her name twice !!!! i love seeing how they share their faith, they are real, and they don't back down when someone questions their strength !!!

how are you ??? been thinking of you!!