Friday, July 18, 2008

Decisions....Decisions

Well I have not blogged in awhile and let me explain why: Ok so in the last month we have made some big decisions. I have resigned from my current position at FBC to take another position at FBC. I will now be our Creative Learning Center director which is our Mother's day out program. The main reason for this change is that the schedule will be much more "mommy friendly". That brings me to our other big decision, after 7 years we have finally started our paper work to adopt a daughter from China!!! To say we are excited is an understatement, to say we are nervous another understatement, but knowing that we are finally obeying God's plan feels amazing.
I know I am going to get lots of questions like why China? why another girl? why at our age? All I can say to all of those questions is 7 years ago when Izzy Chapman came home Karl and I both felt it so strongly that we were going to go to China and get our daughter. Even as I type this tears are running down my face because she is not even born and yet I love her and can't wait to bring her home. I have no idea how we are going to afford it but I totally know God will provide as he always does. So pray for us as we are on a very long journey. Right now it is 24 to 28 months even possible 30 months. I would love to get her by December 2010, she would make a great 40th birthday present.

14 comments:

Dawn said...

That is so awesome Ruth! I really want to adopt too someday and I'm 39 now :)

I'll be praying for your adoption journey.

Dawn said...

That is so awesome Ruth! I would love to adopt too someday and I'm 39. :)

Gwen Oatsvall said...

YOU KNOW I AM OVER TOP HAPPY ... I told ya you were not high on my hit list because you have been in the process in your mind for years ... I can't wait to walk this journey w/ you !!! I love you sweet friend and so excited about your new job also ... God is so good to point us in the right direction !!!!

Alison B. said...

well i don't know why in the world there aren't more comments on here but i do not want to miss a chance to say WAY TO GO!!! i am so excited for you and can't wait to meet the third beautiful meyer baby girl!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you, Karl, and the girls. I know this has been a long time coming and I am so thrilled that the time has finally come. Congrats on the CLC job. I know you will be great at it and everyone will love you. Our prayers are with you.

Kelly said...

I am so excited for you guys. I know this will be a journey well worth the wait :o)

Missy said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see your little girl running the halls of FBC preschool wing! I have loved working with you over the past few years and I know you'll do a great job at CLC.

Missy

The Johnson Family said...

So excited for you!! I just heard this morning!!! and it is now on your blog:) I am praying for you it is a long hard but amazing journey!! I can not wait to see you with another beautiful daughter!!

Megan said...

Ruth! That is so exciting - congrats on the new position and beginning the process of adoption. I am so excited for you and your family.

Michelle said...

Since it is now all official and everything, let me say again how excited I am for you friend. I know that God is going to do some amazing things through you and your family on this journey. We will be praying with you all the way!

Amber Marie Johnson said...

I am excited for u! I hate that I couldn´t be there to hear the news personally, but that is so awesome! So much is happening. I will be praying for u in your adoption adventure.

Kelly said...

Did you here anything Monday? Lourdes' plane lands @ 6:21 this evening :o)

Sarah said...

Ruthie--What big news! I am anxious to talk to you, but didn't want to wait to congratulate you (& your precious family)!! I look forward to hearing/reading updates on this wonderful journey and can't wait to meet your daughter! I love and miss you!

Amy said...

Ruth,
I found you through Gwen's blog and I just wanted to encourage you.
When we started our adoption journey my husband said to me, "We are not going to go into debt to bring this baby home." I knew with all my heart this was God calling and I knew he would provide.. We have been home almost 2 years and God moved mountains for us in amazing ways. It was a blessed journey to be sure. He is holding His hand out to you and He won't ask you to leap without providing a net. You will be blessed!!
Congratulations!