Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring Break

New York or Arkansas?
We asked our girls do you want to go to New York or Ar for spring break. Arkansas won! So New York will have to wait. I still want to go there this year but as long as they want to go see family I am going to support that. I know when the teenage years come they probably will not choose Ar.

No kids for Easter
They wanted to go to Papa's church for Easter. So I meet my folks half way on good Friday and let them go from Friday until the next weekend. WOW! It was a long week. The weekend was the worse. Saturday and Easter Sunday, my heart hurt. But they had so much fun. On Saturday they went to two egg hunts, colored eggs and had a big family dinner. They have been with the cousins all week. So that is heaven to them. Karl and I went to Carobas and to the movies for Easter, after church of course. Church was amazing - My Redeemer Lives! that song is stuck in my head but that is ok because I love that song.

A Deaf Easter Service
Easter service was very different for them. My dad is the pastor at a deaf church. So everything is very visual and the music is very, very loud. The girls love it! Madie said "mom how do they remember all those signs, they go so fast, I could never do that". She was amazed.

Reunited and it feels so Good
Karl and I drove down on Thursday night. We did not stop one time, no food, no potty for 6 hours. We were so ready to see our girls. Madie called me at 8 "mommy where are you? I have just been watching the clock". Karly got on the phone "I can't believe your about to be here".
I think they missed us.

Karl and I enjoyed our couple time but as always it reminded us how thankful we are for our two precious girls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful when we get our "us time", because you are the most fun to be around. You are my happy place and I can stare at you for hours, because you're the most incredibly beautiful woman in the world. I am also glad to get our little women back, because I missed them and it was a little wierd to not have them around the house. You are an incredible mother babe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting your girls spend their spring break with my girls. The hardest part is when you all go back to TN and Emily and Autumn are sad. I think they appreciate their time with cousins more because they live so far apart

Anonymous said...

Wow! Did I enjoy all my girls the week of spring break! We had so much fun and filled everyday with lots of activity! The day we went hiking (on our "secret trail") little Autumn said/asked "Grandma, are we going home after this, because I am wore out! I had to laugh and thought "I'm the grandma but my 4 year old granddaughter is the one who is "wore out"!