Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fall Break in Gatlinburg

This is a picture of the girls racing each other. Madie tried to cut Karly off and they had a huge 3 or 4 car pile up. It was the funniest thing, watching them blame each other to the worker. We were on the side rolling, just imagining what they were saying, "she did it, it's her fault", fingers were pointing and heads were shaking.
Karl and Karly raced to the top. Neither of them made it and I thought we might have to call for an ambulance Karl was so winded. This to was hilarious!
This turned out so cute. We took this down town Gatlinburg while we were shopping. The girls favorite thing was the cool inside pool we had. It had tunnels and waterfalls built into it. The hot tub was what I enjoyed the most. It was a cave inside the pool.
A little golfing (putt putt) lesson for Madie. Who did not enjoy the challenge of getting that little ball in that little hole.

This was on top of the Sky Lift mountain. It was so beautiful. I would have loved it if more of the trees had turned but my fourth grader explained to me that the weather had not been cold enough for the roots to pull the chlorophyll out of the leaves into the roots thus changing the color from green to fall colors. Are you smarter than a fifth grader? NOPE, not even a fourth grader.
This was a great little family get away.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Ruth, I can't believe that you rode that sky lift!! I am impressed! I am glad we made it back home this past weekend. We love you guys and we can't wait to come back for Thanksgiving to we can see you all again! I think we should come over for some of that home-cooked Thanksgiving dinner!! Hahaha! Love ya!!!