Monday, January 26, 2009

China Trip

Karl and I have the opportunity to go on a trip to China. On this trip we are going to be serving in three orphanages. I have been given the duty of planning an Easter Egg hunt and using the Resurrection Eggs. I am so excited. This is a dream come true to be able to go on this mission trip.
Ok so the reason I am writing about this is because I need whoever reads my blog to PRAY hard. I am having a problem with my birth certificate coming certified from California. We need it to come this week so we can send off for the pass ports and then off for the visa. So PRAY!!!!
My heart aches for the orphans in China and all around the world but China has become more real to me due to all my friends who have adopted from there. We want to adopt from there but have become discourage due to the length of time it is taking now. So we decided to go there and help and hold as many kids as we can get our hands on.
I know that if this is the trip we are suppose to go on that the paper work will come in.
Oh and if you know my husband at all, you know how terrified he is of flying. So for Karl to feel that God wants him to get on a plane and fly for 21 hours to serve the children in China - this in itself is a MIRACLE!!
I heard him tell someone the other day that he wants a picture of himself surround by little Asian children. I just fell more in love with him at that moment.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I know you already know this, but I am here to reassure you that God's timing is perfect. Throughout this adoption paperwork he has been so faithful to take care of every detail, and keep things moving right along. I am confident He will get you everything you need in time for this trip. Praying for you friend.

lauraknight said...

Praying for you and trusting that God's timing is perfect. Excited for you and Karl!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

praying dear sister ... will you give all the kids an extra hugs from this China mommy !!

love ya sister and praying for peace for Karl ...