Thursday, May 22, 2008

Jesus Calling

Ok if you have not heard of this little book "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. Let me tell you, I love it. My buddy Gwen O. talked about it on her blog so I thought I would get one because I was looking for something new to study. WOW - thanks Gwen, I love it.
It is a short powerful read with scripture to take you to the word so you can dig deeper. It just amazes me how He speaks to me everyday on just what I need to hear.

Today has been a heart breaking day due to the loss of my dear friends niece last night in a car accident. I love children and when anything happens to a child it just breaks my heart. I stayed up late last night and woke up early this morning just praying for the whole family. So I was running late for work and didn't stop to do my quiet time. I got to the office and could not focus on anything and finally decided to read my "Jesus Calling".
Today's in a nut shell, Fix your eyes on me, no matter what is going on, then will you be able to view circumstances from My perspective. I needed to be reminded of that today. Last nights events may never make since to anyone but we must always keep our eyes on Him.

Please keep the Chapman family in your prayers only God and God alone can heal their broken hearts. Maria was so blessed to be a part of such an amazing family and extended family.

2 comments:

The Zehrs said...

I did not read it until yesterday afternoon! What a message. I texted Jana yesterday and told her Jesus Calling is powerful! The part about when things don't go your way...accept it immediately. Wow! I needed that!

Jeanne said...

I LOVE my Jesus Calling! Gotta have it everyday....take it with me everywhere I go. It never ever fails to minister right where I am at that moment. Isn't He just the best?